~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, October 9, 2014

~Autumn


 Have you ever had one of those days where you felt love, peace, joy, and  was overflowing with happiness? That was my weekend.  We headed out on Friday when Ward got home from work.  The trailer was loaded so all we had to do was hook up the truck and away we went.  We arrived in the mountains late.  In the morning it was like Christmas, I couldn't wait to see all the Fall colors, the lake and enjoy our days away.  While the girls and I got ready for the day Ward took off with for a quick 2 hour motorcycle ride. He took his camera phone and took pictures he knew I would love.  When he returned we had lunch then we all headed up the mountain to see all the colors!  I was so excited!  I love this time a year and seeing part of the country we haven't seen before.  I was overwhelmed with peace as we drove.  I couldn't stop thinking this world was created for our pleasure.  It was created for us to enjoy and love.  To look around its hard not to feel the power of Heaven.  I felt so blessed to be with my little family, laughing, talking and spending this time without the world getting in the middle.  We got back into camp in time to start dinner and watch a powerful lightening storm come through.  We all sat out under the awning enjoying the storm.  When we went in to eat I was asked to say the blessing on the food,  I could hardly get through the prayer.  My emotions were so strong for the love I feel for my Heavenly Father and the beautiful life He has allowed me to live.  I have been watched over, comforted, blessed and guided to  this stage in my life and am so grateful for all I have.  This weekend was very fast, but it was amazing in memories!































No comments: