~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, April 24, 2015

~Vernal Temple

What a perfect day!  It started out pretty rough at 3am waking up with a migraine. They seem to be coming more often again and lasting too long.  I finally got up at 5 to get Ward off to work, Raychel to the school to head out on another golf tournament then head to the church to meet up with the youth to go to Vernal Utah to attend the temple.  We ended up only taking one other girl, Jolene's friend Delany and another leader.  The girls had so much fun just the two of them and I enjoyed my visit with the other leader.  I have always admired her and her testimony, it was fun getting to know her better.  This was going to be Jolene's first time doing baptisms.  My dad sent family names for the girls to do, she was pretty nervous and excited!! We asked one of Jolene's friends to do the names Raychel was suppose to do, but she couldn't, do to the golf tournament.  She knew I was in pain and said we could cancel and go another time.  She is so sweet and willing to give me an out.  There was no way I was canceling this special day for us.  We had beautiful weather on the drive up and a little rain on the drive home, we even had a rather large sheep crossing we had to stop for.  Once we got in the temple and I saw my sweet daughter dressed in white ready to be baptized for her ancestors I knew I had made the right choice in making the trip, we were where we needed to be.  




No comments: