~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, June 29, 2009

A note from my sister

The other day I had a really great talk with my older sister Carey. We talked out kids, family, life, we joked about my walking, my early mornings and all I get done in a day. It was just a normal fun conversation, I didn't think anything more of it until today when she called to tell me I had inspired her! I said "how"? She then told me she was getting up and she was walking!! She was so excited, she had walk 1/2 a mile!! I was proud of her!! It really made me feel good that someone was inspired by me and not put off by me! I checked her blog later and this is what I found:
"I have decide that there are a few women that when I grow up I want to be like...one of them is my sister Heather. She is very simple, but complex at the same time. She is very goal orientated and very disciplined with her self. She has always been that way, and I admire her. When she has decided that she wants to accomplish something or do something she does. Like serving a mission, she never said if I do or can...it was when I serve a mission. She always had in her mind the man she would marry and she did marry that type of man. I have set out to do things and see myself doing them or start something, but than I stop...she doesn't. She is a very easy person to get to know, friendly and encouraging to those that need it. I love her for this. Some people might find this trait to be overwhelming, or acting better than others and to seem over bearing at times....I do not! Thank you for being a wonderful sister and example to those around you.
The other evening I was chatting with my sisters and was Inspired. I have been trying to get in the habit of walking again or doing something. So I set a goal for myself. My sister walks just about every day, mind you I will not walk 4 or 6 miles a day starting off. I decided that I will start off slow and work up, it might take me a while. Today I started my new habit, I walked 2 times around the track...that equals half a mile. At the school track the maintenance guy was mowing the lawn, kids chatting while running, and me breathing heavier than normal. When I got home I mowed the lawn and put some water on. I am very proud of myself and hope to keep this up. All this by 8:30 in the morning just think what I can accomplish if I put my mind to it."


So as I write I sit here worried to publish my post, afraid of what people will think of me. But at the same time I am who I am, you either like me or you don't, so what does it matter if I publish this or not? If you are one of the people who think I am crazy for my habit I hope by sharing this you will have a little insight as to who I am. I am me. I don't judge others by how I live my life, I judge me 0n how I am living my life.

7 comments:

amber said...

Well, I think you are pretty great! It's good to know who you are and know what you are capable of accomplishing.
I wish I could be better at following things thru and getting them done. I am a good beginner but not a good finisher!!

Rifle Fam said...

Heather, you are amazing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Liza said...

I LOVE you!!! I don't always see you or talk to you but I know you are there. Thanks for everything you are, you love me for who I'm and you make me wanna be bette too!

christine said...

Heather, you are awesome. You've always been someone I look up to and you are a great example to so many people. What a sweet post by your sister, it's neat that you have such a great relationship with her. Thanks for being who you are!

The Christensen Family said...

Thank you Heather. It brought tears to my eyes. I look up to you, even though your my younger sister. I love you very much.

Kristen said...

Wow how sad. Good thing you two dont have another sister or else she might feel bad or left out or something huh?
Have a nice day!
LOL
Love your other sister Kristen

Anonymous said...

great post Heather,

The best gift we have for others is being our true, unedited
selves.

I know what a burden it could be sometimes, being so perfect, but it's just the cross we perfect girls have to carry. LOL

Don't ever be scared to be yourself, but it's ok to wear a few wrinkles in our otherwise perfect outfit.

I learned this from my quilting mentor, when I used to freak out that when my points wouldn't match, or a few stichtes were skipped.

She said it's the over all beauty of my creation that would be seen, and if anyone gets so close to the quilt as to see the flaws, and not appriciate them enough and point it out to you, and try to take the beauty away from it, than that person is not your friend.
And life is too short to be around those kind of people.