~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, March 13, 2011

~Stake Conference~

Today we had Stake Conference for our church, Mormon.org.  One of the councilors in the Stake Presidency asked a question in his talk;  How interested do you think the Lord is in your life?  It made me stop and think, here we are several hours later and I am still thinking about this question.  The speaker went on to say, "He is as interested in my life as I let him."  Which the way to allow Him into my life is through prayer.  Some times it is hard to turn our power over to allow others to help.  We think we are better off to handle our problems, our lives alone.  When are we ever better alone?  Why not turn to our Heavenly Father who knows us better then we know ourselves?  Some times this is an easy thing to do, go to the Lord in pray and ask for the help, and other times we think it is faster, easier to do it alone.  After listening to today's conference I am going to set a goal to allow the Lord into my life more, to turn to the Lord and allow his influence to guide me and help me more.  I know this will probably be a life long goal, but it is a goal worth setting.



No comments: