~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

~Journaling~

Both of the girls love to journal. They love a new journal, a new pen and a quiet place to write down their secret private thoughts and ideas. I love to see them writing, I love to see them thinking about what to write and how to express themselves. Jolene took her journal outside after school since the weather was nice and started writing. When she finally came in not only did she say she had written about her day but she "wrote a song." I love her desire to journal. It is a wonderful habit to start. She has started several journals, there is one she told me I could read and one she asked me not to read. I can't help not thinking about the council we received from Spencer W. Kimball, "Those who keep a personal journal are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily life." http://www.ldsjournal.com/Why How could I not what that for my daughters, to keep the Lord in their life? They are a great reminder why I journal, for them. So when the day comes and they are reading my journals they will know I love them, I was proud of them, and I am so grateful for the trust the Lord as given me to be their mother.

No comments: