~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, July 15, 2011

Swim Lessons

Jolene couldn't wait for swim lessons this week, not only because she got to go swimming but because Aunt Carey would get to watch! She did really well. They practiced doing dives on their knee, then standing dives before they moved to the diving board. This was what Jolene had been so excited for, not only to dive off the board, but to do it without a life jacket on! The class spends most of their time in the deep end swimming the length as well as the width of the pool. I will admit I was a little nervous the first time she headed out away from the wall. She did amazing!! For as little as she is and being her first time, she did great! She got the the edge and gave me a thumbs up! After the lesson she was so excited to tell us all about it! I love hearing her version even when I had watched it myself!


No comments: