~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Beginnings

I can't believe Summer is over, at least the vacation part. The weather is still very much Summer. The girls were so excited and nervous to return to school. Last night we had back to school night at Jolene's school. It was nice to walk through the halls see familiar faces, visit with friends and ease her nerves.




Jolene will be in 3rd grade this year. When I got her up this morning I had a flash back of taking her to preschool, how little she was, her excitement to go to school like her big sister, her love for learning and her fear of being apart. She has grown so much, she still can't wait to be like her big sister, she still has a love for learning and some days she still has a little fear of being apart. On our way home from back to school night I told her this was going to be a great year, she laughed and said, "That's what you said last year!" Well, it was and this will be too. Raychel is in 7th grade. She has been at the middle school since 5th grade and has done really well. This year she is at the other end of the school with the 8th graders. She said she feels like a new kid because she isn't familiar with this end of the school. The day before school started a friend and her got to help the teachers for most of the day. She had a great time, got to meet several teachers she didn't know, and was able to ease her nerves by being there in a relaxed setting. This morning when we dropped her off I got half a hug and off she ran. As I got back in the van, I was so proud! She is growing up and wants to be grown up! Where has my little Raychel gone? She is a beautiful, smart, confident, happy young women ready to take on the new school year. Jolene and her best friend, Whitney, are in the same class again this year! Jolene thinks the teacher knew they were friends and put them in the same group facing each other! It made her happy to know someone sitting by her. The best thing about her teacher this year is she was her reading teacher last year and they really hit it off! This is the first year Jolene has "allowed" me to take my camera to school. I figured I better behave and not take to many pictures, but to make sure the ones I took were good ones! Jolene at her desk

No comments: