~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, August 22, 2008

It's Time

It's August and that means school starts!! This is my most unfavored time of year. I love having my kids home, I love hearing their stories, their music, their laughter, their made up jokes, playing with them, reading to them, and just being with them. So the first week of school is hard on all of us!! But off they went!


Raychel is now in 4th grade, they are called the "fabulous 4th graders" Or FFG's She loves it! She has a really great teacher who is so enthusiastic and loving. Raychel said, "I see great things happening this year," I have to agree!


The day I have dreaded has come, Jolene started Kindergarten. She is so ready, I am not. As we walked to school she held my hand the whole way, asking if I would walk her in. I wouldn't have it any other way. I am not sure about letting my baby go to stranger all day!! If any of you know me I very seldom leave my kids! As we entered the Kindergarten playground her hand tighten around mine. We have this little hand signal, we squeeze three times, I..LOVE..YOU! I gave her the three squeezes and she looked up at me with her big blue eyes and asked," you're coming in right!?" I am so glad as she grows up her heart and soul belong to me. She held my hand leading the way so bravely, I followed behind letting her be big, this truly is the hardest day of my life so far. We all sat on the rainbow carpet, she picked the purple row of course. The teacher called out their names, then asked for all their school supplies for their backpacks. She was so excited to get out the new pencils, crayons, glue, etc. Then the school councilor walked in. Asked "all kindergartners raise your hands," they all did. Then she said now wave to your moms and dads and tell them it's time to go!! Jolene turned gave me the biggest, tightest hug and whispered in my ear, "I need to go with you!" I said no silly, you have to stay here. She then whispered, "I forgot to do my chores! I could help you with yours!?" She was breaking my heart!! I told her I would be fine, and so would she!! Then the teacher asked if they had backpacks? She turned real fast whispering "she can't take my backpack, my Pop Pop got me that, it's mine!!" The teacher explained she didn't want them she wanted to show the kids where to put them!! As they put their backpacks away, I gave one more kiss and tight hug and left, alone. Wow, that is a weird feeling, it really hit me when I got outside, I was alone for a whole day for the first time in 9 years!! Yes, I cried!!

I think I need a hobby!!

2 comments:

christine said...

i'm sure you'll find one that will keep you busy during the school year. photography sounds fun, let me know if you find any good books!

Anonymous said...

Girls,
I hope you have a great year at school.
I hope you learn new things, and make new friends.
But most importantly I hope you have fun!

Heather,

Isn't it funny that sometimes we can't remember what we used to do before we had kids?????

Have fun discovering new things about yourself.

I wish I had the time!!

Love you guys!!