~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Science Play Date

On Thursday the girls had been asking for a play
date for Friday (September 12), there would be no school.
I kept asking them with who so we could make
some calls and get it all arrange the day before.
They told me they would have to get back to me
with names. Around bed time they said they
wanted to have a play date with...
ME!!
Raychel has a really cool little home
science project book, all
the experiments are from
things on hand at home.
It was so much fun. We made glow in
the dark dough, salt crystals on black paper
and then food coloring and oil,
the girls were amazed how it wouldn't mix together! And while we did all this we watched
The Sword And The Stone.

I love play dates with my kids, I'm

glad they like them with me too!!

3 comments:

christine said...

you're such a great mom, that's cool they wanted to spend the day with you. what a compliment! that glowing playdough was cool!

Anonymous said...

Glow in the dark dough!?!
You need to hook me up with that recipe!!!

Enjoy the girls now, now that the actually think you're the coolest, I heard that as soon as they hit their teens, moms are the last ones they want to be with.

Your gils are so sweet though, that will never happen with them.

Love you guys

The Christensen Family said...

Looks like fun. I love doing art.