~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!!

Birthday Candles I know it's a week later, but I celebrated my birthday last week on the 12th. I am one year closer to 40!! Yep, 40! It actually started the day before when my oldest sister, Carey, called to wish me a happy birthday, then realized she was a day early!! Smile Better then a day late!! She did call the next day EARLY to be the first to say Happy Birthday!! When I get up with Ward at 5am and come downstairs to get his lunch I always look out the window over the front door to see what the day will bring, if it rained or is raining, snow, frost you get the pictures. Well, that morning I came downstairs and couldn't see out the window. I looked harder and all I could see was white! I asked Ward could it be so frosty out it frosted the window? He said I don't know, open the door and check!! Well I did! What a wonderful surprise was on the front door! The Birthday Phantom (Tracy) decorated my door with birthday wrapping, balloons, streamers, and lots of little gifts taped to the paper. And don't forget the trail of candy Lollipop 2 up to the door. The very best part about the candy was there was no chocolate, she really thought of me!! The girls enjoyed it as much as I did!! Thanks Tracy for starting my day off!!



When we lived in Washington all the girls; sisters, sister-in-laws, mom and grandmother would get together for lunch to celebrate the birthday/birthdays for that month. It was always fun together eat, visit and catch up. I have truly missed those luncheons. This year I decided I was going to go to lunch with the two joys of my life. my girls. It was Jolene's day off of school so we went and got Raychel and off to lunch we went. Of course it was their choice, McDonald's! We had a great time. Those two sure know how to laugh and have a good time.


Later that night Ward called to say he would stop on his way home to get the gift Jolene wanted to get me. I told him that would be fine, he then told Jolene, who didn't agree!! So I dropped the girls off at Wal-Mart to meet Ward, then I came home and finished my birthday dinner. When they got home they were more then excited!! We had a great meal ;) opened gifts, received lots of phone calls had homemade cherry cheesecake and ended a really great day!!



The next day, a really good friend, Jodi, took me to lunch at the new resturant in town. It was the best couple of hours. I'm not sure we have ever been to lunch without the girls. It really made my day. We had a great visit and lots of laughs!! Thank you for extending my birthday one more day!!






3 comments:

Boyds said...

Happy birthday Heather hope you had a great day. It sounds like it. oh and by the way we travel in packs....hee,hee

The Christensen Family said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. I am glad you have someone to go to lunch with.

bullfrogranch said...

Happy Birthday. I hope you had a good one.