~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to me!!
Yep, I'm another year older and hopefully wiser!!
I opened the door this morning to send Raychel to school and was greeted by
a web of PINK!! The "Birthday Phantom" got me again this year!

That evening we had parent conferences for Raychel.
Ward surprised us and made it home in time to go with us instead
of trying to meet up with us.
The conference went great!! Raychel has been getting A's and A+'s on
all her papers and tests so it was no surprise to see her grades
were the same. Her teachers said she is doing great, she is coming
out of her shell and participating in ways I never would have imaged.
She has been doing the morning announcements for the Christmas
fundraiser her class is in charge of, over the intercom for
the whole school to hear! Her reading scores improved 216 words,
they said the average student only improves 100 words for the year!!
She did this in the first quarter!!
We are so proud of all she has accomplished a such a short time.

After the conference we went to dinner at Sammy's to not only
celebrate my birthday but Raychel's great accomplishment as well.
Earlier in the day I received flowers, they were from
my oldest sister Carey. What a great surprise!!
They were so beautiful! They brought a little bit
of Spring with them!

1 comment:

The Christensen Family said...

I am very proud of Raychel doing well at school. She is very smart,but so is Jolene. They must take after their aunt
Carey. I am glad you had a wonderful birthday. We miss you and one of these days we will be together for our b.days.