~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Nutcracker

I have always loved the Ballet. I would have loved
to have been a ballerina, except I never took ballet.
I have seen the Ballet The Nutcracker many times.
I have loved it every time,
it is so graceful,
elegant,
beautiful
romantic.
Last year we took the girls to see the Aspen Ballet
perform The Nutcracker, and it was wonderful!!
This year I heard the Russian Ballet was coming near us to perform
The Nutcracker and I knew I HAD to see it!!
I know it was only a traveling group that performed in
only a few locations, but it was still the Russian Ballet.
The costumes were amazing,
the dancing was flawless,
the music was perfect,
the theater was incredible!!
I have one of the most amazing husbands who not only comes with us but enjoys it as well.
I can only hope our girls find a man like their father to marry who will encourage them, believe in them, love them and support them.

First we went out to dinner....
Then we waited to enter the theater in
the freezing weather,
then we waited for the ballet to start....
still waiting....
So worth the wait!!!





1 comment:

The Christensen Family said...

I have never been, but it looks wonderful.