~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, October 31, 2011

~Our daughters~

"One great thing the Lord requires of each of us is to provide a home where a happy, positive influence for good exists. In future years the costliness of home furnishings or the number of bathrooms will not matter much, but what will matter significantly is whether our children felt love and acceptance in the home. It will greatly matter whether there was happiness and laughter, or bickering and contention."

"There has never been and there never will be a satisfactory substitute for the home established by the God of Heaven. If this nation is to endure, the home must be safeguarded, strengthened, and restored to it's rightful importance." -President Benson

This is what we have tried to do.  We have tried to raise happy, positive, good, loving, kind children. I think we are doing pretty good.   Some days can feel pretty overwhelming, I feel as if I am drowning in our lives and the many great things we are all doing.  I want our girls to have many friends from all walks of life, I want them to be examples of good, to set the right example for others to follow.  They want to share their testimonies all the time, they both worry that they wont know what to say or how to say it, we told them they also share their testimonies by how they live.  We are raising our daughters through the Lords  help, He knows them better them I do, he knows their spirits and the way they need to be raised and loved.  I pray I will be the mother these girls deserve.  I pray I will raise them to be great young woman of integrity.  I take my job as mother seriously. I have been accused of being too over protective and I have been accused of being not protective enough, giving them to much freedom.  I love our girls more them anyone could ever imagine.  Being told we may never have children of our own and them being blessed with these beautiful, smart, healthy girls makes me count my blessings many times over because of what we went through to have them.
We will raise our daughters our way, and you will raise yours, your way.  Your way is not my way, and my way is not your way, so please don't judge me on my way of raising my daughters. 

3 comments:

Sally said...

I am a big fan of yours. I think of your RS lesson on traditions often and hope that I can establish fun traditions that my daughters will look forward to. I hope that someday I can be half as good of a mother as you are. Honestly. You are amazing, and your girls adore you, that's something I pray for in my own life.

The Christensen Family said...

I love the way you express your feeling and also help me and others to feel of your love and willingness to be there for your family and others. I want to be like you when I grow up. I love you!

bullfrogranch said...

I think you are doing a great job of rasing wonderful daughters. There is no other job in the world like being a mother. It is the hardest and best job in the world.