~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bread/Spudnut Enrichment Class

The field by the church was full this morning of
several deer in velvet.
What sight!!

6 bucks and 2 does.
This morning we had a bread/spud nut making class by Paula
Morgan, it was so fun. I have NEVER had success with yeast, so
I quit trying. My friend Jan taught me an easy way to make
really good cinnamon rolls with yeast, so I was excited to learn
how to make bread.

It wasn't has hard as I thought it was going to be, it was
nice being at the church with so many friends and learn
together. When one batch would need a little extra help
Paula was able to help and teach us how to "save" our
bread.
I have thrown out many batches of rolls even to the
point of throwing out the rolls and the recipe!
It was nice to hear that mine had turned out
"perfect," I just hope it's not beginners luck!!


These are only about 1/2 of all the spud nuts
we all made. It was great to learn, eat and
bring home to our families.

I feel better educated now and excited to
try again on my own to make
homemade rolls for my family.

4 comments:

Cami & Co said...

I am so mad I missed the class. I really wanted to do it. GRRR Oh well. I am glad your rolls turned out so well. Hopefully it wasn't just beginners luck and you will be in charge of rolls come Thanksgiving. HEHE... I will be home on the 10th, just so you know!! I will Facebook you when I get home.

The Christensen Family said...

Making bread is great. You need a bread maker now. I am glad that you learned and enjoy doing it. Way to go!
The deer are beautiful. What a sight.

Alison said...

I love seeing the deer! It makes me miss Colorado even more! Fun enrichment class too. We don't do too much stuff like that out here. Miss you tons!!!

grandma said...

WAY TO GO HEATHER!!! I LOVE HOME MADE ROLLS AND BREAD. HOME MADE ROLLS ARE LIKE DESSERT FOR ME!! PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR RECIPE AND TELL ME HOW YOU DID IT. I HAVE NEVER HAD GOOD LUCK MAKING THEM EITHER.