~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Visitors!!

We got back from the cabin on Sunday night and my parents arrived on Wednesday, so we have gotten a little behind!
We wait all year for my parents to came and before you know it the visit is over!! My parents came on October 1, my dad had to leave on October 6, but mom got to stay until the 14th!! We loved every day of our time with them! No matter how long they stay it would never be enough. Our families live 1000 miles away, and we miss them!! We wanted to surprise the girls with my parents arrival so we told them I needed to go to the airport to pick up "packages" for Ward for work. Raychel wanted to stay at a friends house instead of coming to get the "packages" but I told her it was a school night and we would be back to late!! We arrived at the airport a little after 6pm and waiting by the baggage claim where the "packages" would come. Raychel was busy playing with the wheel chair and Jolene was sitting on my lap when they came around the corner. Raychel's eyes and mouth went wide open when she saw them!! Jolene leaned in to me and whispered, "that looks like my grandma!" then my dad came into view and she again whispered, "and that looks like my pop pop!" I said, " it is!! would you like to go give them a hug!?" She hid her face and said "no!" then peaked out at them as if to be sure she was actually seeing them!! After we got the luggage and were heading out of the airport, Jolene stopped and said, "Wait! We forgot daddies packages!!" I had to laugh then explain I was teasing her the "packages" were grandma and Pop pop!! She couldn't believe we had teased her so well!!

1 comment:

Rifle Fam said...

what a fun surprise! Visits from grandparents are always the best!