~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, September 1, 2011

~Reading Places~

After school the girls always have homework. Today Jolene wanted to do her reading homework in a fort. I am not surprised, she loves forts. I told her she was have to build one or pretend. She wasn't very happy, I was helping Raychel when I realized Jolene had stopped begging for me to get her a fort. When I called her name she answered, "I'm in here." I went into the front room and didn't see her, usually she makes a fort under the dinning room table so I checked there and didn't find her so I called her name again. She giggled and said, "I'm in here!" I went upstairs thinking maybe she built it on the balcony upstairs and her voice is just carrying. She wasn't there, so I called her name. She said, "Mom, look down." I looked over the balcony and there she was in the corner behind the couch doing her homework! If you look close you will see Max, Raychel's locker shelf used as a desk, Bob and Nuts, the squirrels, a blanket and a few pillows. She was very cozy and most importantly, she was happy!


No comments: