~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, December 12, 2008

I (finally) did it!!

Banana Bread
YUM-O
Every since moving to Colorado I haven't been
able to make banana bread. Not for the lack of trying!!
I have used my recipe and a few others from friends
who said, "this will work!" Well, it didn't!!
I even had a friend who brought us a loaf she had made,
it was sooo good!! (Thanks Christine)
But I found it!!
The recipe that worked was in a
recipe book a friend gave me several years ago.
I am so proud of the bread, I am going to share
my "lucky" recipe with everyone!!
1/2 c. margarine
1c. sugar
2 eggs
1c. mashed bananas (3 whole bananas)
1/4c. milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 c. flour
1 1/2c. flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoons salt
Cream margarine, and sugar. Add eggs, and beat. Add bananas, milk, and lemon juice. Sift dry ingredients, and add. Add nuts if desired. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Makes 1 loaf.

2 comments:

christine said...

yea!! i'm glad you finally found your lucky recipe. sorry mine didn't work better, but yours looks delicious! everyone needs a way to use up those over-ripe bananas!

The Christensen Family said...

Thank you. My mother in-law has given me a recipe and I make banana bread all the time. Way to go sis.