~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, May 18, 2009

Mesa Verde Field Trip

The 4th graders went on a 2 day one night field
trip to Mesa Verde. It was an amazing trip.
The kids did several fund raisers over the last
few months to pay for their trip. The chartered
big buses out of Denver to drive the 6 hour drive in
one day. The kids were so excited!! They pulled out
of the school parking lot about 5:45am.
We were about an hour behind them, we were
able to go as a family, it was really nice to have Ward
take the 2 days off to be with us, it wouldn't have
been the same without him.

These are a few of the pictures I took while Ward drove through Moab, Utah

A unique jeep covered in licence plates in Moab




The only 45 minute nap Jolene took on the way there.

When we came over a hill this is what we saw.
As we drove up the mountain to Mesa Verde, what an
incredible view, and we were only part way up!If you look close you can see the road we have come up. This is the group waiting for our tour to begin,
they broke the four classes in to groups of two.
Makenna, Raychel and Josephina
A beautiful hike to the ruins.
I'm not sure who was happier to see Raychel,
me or Jolene!!
I took advantage of ever picture opportunity!!

There they are, a view while still walking to them. "Mesa Verde, Spanish for green table, offers a spectacular look into the lives of the Ancestral Pueblo people who made it their home for over 700 years, from A.D. 600 to A.D. 1300. Today, the park protects over 4,000 known archeological sites, including 600 cliff dwellings. These sites are some of the most notable and best preserved in the United States. The stunning landscape of Southwest Colorado, near Four Corners, is the backdrop as you explore Mesa Verde National Park. "




This is a picture of where we were when we took
the group picture.....

This is the climb up to get out...

and yes, we came up and out by way
of the ladder!!


I will admit a couple of time I questioned the sanity
of such a way out, and if I could do this and what about
my children....but many had done it before me and many would
do it after me...I...we could do this!! What an experience...
The whole day was AMAZING!!!

1 comment:

The Christensen Family said...

Amazing pictures! Rick remembers going there as well. I wish we could also. Looks like a very cool learning trip.