~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

~Legacy~

What is a legacy?  A legacy is something left to a person by or as if by a will.



  
 People are more important then things, feelings are more important them money, relationships endure forever, leave a legacy of love. 





I often wonder what is my legacy?  I wonder what will my girls remember about me?  What have I taught them worth teaching their children? What is their greatest memory of me?  Then I think about my own mom and all she is to me.  We are now 1000 miles apart which makes me think of her all the more.  I look at my hands and I see my mothers, I hear her council in my mind when I wonder what council I should be giving my own daughters. What about the father?  What is his legacy to his children or in our case the girls?  I have the greatest father, I now have the greatest husband.  I hope our girls look for, "a man who magnifies his priesthood " like their father.  When I was growing up and struggling with people at school, my dad told me, "you don't have to like everyone, but you do have to be civil." I will NEVER forget that. I still hear my dads voice in my head and do my best to be civil and kind even when I really don't want to. I look in my daughters eyes and wonder what does their future hold? I want my girls to remember the good over the bad.  I want them to remember the fun, happy, loving, playful, creative, outgoing, caring, compassionate, helpful mom.  Not the mom who was cranky, tired, cross, or yelling mom.  I know they will remember the good and the bad. I am glad it is up to me to make sure there are more meaningful good days then bad days.  I am grateful for the atonement through Jesus Christ that allows me to repent and be forgiven for my shortcomings. I am glad I have forgiving girls who at this stage in their young lives forgive me and continue to love me.  I pray as they grow and go through the teenage years our relationship stays strong and real.  That our prayers of forgiveness, patience, love, kindness and compassion for each other is heard.  I hope I am living a life where I can leave a legacy of  love.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Very sweet! Mom would appreciate this post! ;)

Lonni said...

I love the post. Very inspiring. Thank you!