~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Got Water?


The morning of the 16th I woke up at 4:45am to get
Ward off to work and go on my walk when Jolene came
in not feeling well. I figured I had better get in the shower
while I had someone home to keep on eye on her, 20 minutes later there was no water. (Later we were told the water tank was empty!)
I am so grateful for the council we have received from church to be prepared!! To be prepared no matter how big or small an emergency could be. Through our preparedness committee at church we were able to buy 55 gallon tanks to fill with water for those "just in case" moments. (Granted we have 3 of them and only 1 was full). Ward said he couldn't leave his family for the day without water and not knowing when or if it would be on later. The few water bottle in the frig wouldn't have been enough!! He showed me how to use the water pump to pump water from the huge tank to the cooler and then we would have water for toilets and cleaning up. With a sick
little girl we needed to have water. We used it only
when we had to but it was nice to have it there. When we noticed we had water (2:15pm) it was like music, the sound of water!!

No comments: