~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jolene and soccer

Several months ago Jolene saw soccer on the TV and has wanted to play soccer ever since. We told her that would be great we would sign her up in the Spring. She would then ask if girls could play soccer, we told her of course they could. We actually found a women's soccer game on TV which completely excited her!! She was even more determined to play!! She reminded me often to get her signed up for soccer!! Because of her age she was only old enough for a soccer clinic. But to her it is soccer. If the interest is still there next year she will be able to play on a team. They play Monday and Wednesday mornings for about 45 minutes. She is loving it!! It is so fun to watch her run after the ball and try to kick it. She has even been "practicing" in the backyard until our dog Cami tried to eat the ball!! I love her enthusiasm for this new sport. I hope along her many roads she keeps this enthusiasm for all the things new that will come her way. I hope I can learn to be more like her! She makes me smile and brightens my days!! This little girl has completed our family in so many ways. There is a love between us that is only ours.



No comments: