~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, March 19, 2009

School Dance

In 4th grade the kids have been learning
about Colorado State History to help
prepare them for their trip in May.
They learned a Native American dance, which
the girls used shawls during the dance,
Raychel was so excited to use
her hot pinks shawl.She wanted her hair done like a Native American,
braids, well, I couldn't do "just" braids!!
She wanted a "Native American" looking
turtle in a hair clip, this was what she thought
look "authentic"
She had a great time even though she had to dance with a BOY!!

2 comments:

Cami & Co said...

Oh no! Not a boy. I laughed a little bit at that. I have been trying to make hair bows and I found some great tutorials, but I am failing miserably. If I bring the stuff that I have to the next play group could you give me some tips and pointers?

The Christensen Family said...

Oh, a boy...don't get to use to that. Not yet! You look so pretty and I love you shawl and your hair. Your mom sure does a great job.