~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sewing lessons

Raychel has wanted to learn to sew
for a while now, I finally gave in. I'm
not sure why it took me so long. She took
to it easily, it's perfect for our little
perfectionist!! Ella even watched with approval
She paid close attention to the little details, she listened,
then went to work making sure to "follow the line"
in order to keep the seams straight.

More approval from Ella after she reached in
to examine the moving needle, she was then
removed from the room!!!
Raychel took extra care in guiding the
material through the machine...
and got wonderful results!! She was so proud of herself! As am I!! She even wore it to school on
Friday (3-20-09) and proudly told all who
would listen "I sewed this!" Her teachers
informed me "she's so proud!" They too
told her they were proud of her.

I believe she has found a new hobby!
One that will benefit her for years to come.

2 comments:

The Christensen Family said...

Wow! I am very proud of you Raychel. Looks great on you.

christine said...

way to go, raychel! and heather! you can feel good about passing on your talents to your daughter. looks great!