~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, December 26, 2010

~Sunday Photo~

Today at church the talk was on traditions. Not just doing them but knowing why we do them. This talk really got me thinking. Ward and I talked about it a little while we were waiting for Sunday School to start, then we talked about it on the way home and while we got lunch ready after church. Then we talked about it with the girls to get their views on our family traditions. I can't stop thinking about the traditions we do because our parents did them and the ones we started after we got married and of course the ones we do now that we have children. The part of the talk the has got me really thinking is, why are we doing the tradition we are doing? Ward and I discussed the traditions we like, the ones we do just because, and the ones we wish we did better. It has been an eye opener to think about this part of our lives. The traditions I like are the ones that make are family stronger, the ones that draw us closer to our Heavenly Father. There are even a few traditions we do that I have no idea why. The talk made me realize we DON'T have to do traditions because our parents did them. We have been asking ourselves WHY? lately and coming up with answers that will make our family better. We have some traditions we all look forward to like camping at the cabin, tent camping, Friday night pizza night, going to the pond, working in the yard, planting the flowers and the garden and doing Relay For Life. The anticipation for these traditions is wonderful, I want all of our traditions to be as fun. So ask yourself WHY are you doing your traditions? Play with our Christmas toys as a family!

No comments: