~My Reason For Our Blog~
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, January 23, 2011

~Home Animal Hospital~

We have had Max in our family for at least 4 years. He has gone on vacation with Jolene, he has hidden in the backpack through preschool to first grade for Jolene. He has gone to the stores with Jolene, he has been a comfort many nights and has snuggled through many movies with Jolene. Over the years of being loved Max has lost his fluffiness and needed some attention. Jolene came to me one day and said max needs something to help him hold his head up. She holds him around the neck which has pushed his stuffing into other places. He has been there for Jolene and now he needed us. We bought some allergenic stuffing and went to work. It was a bigger deal then I thought. I know Jolene loves Max, but when I made the first cut to remove his old stuffing she got a little teary. I promised her he would be alright, that this would make him all better that it wouldn't take long and then she could have him back. She sat next to me the whole time watching and asking lots of questions about the process. Once she saw it was going to be alright she wanted to help. I let her do the re stuffing so she could make him just the way she wanted him to feel.
I learned something new about love today, I learned something new about Jolene today as well. I have a very loving, caring, compassionate, little girl. When she loves she loves deeply, whether it is a person or a Max.





No comments: